The Experior implementation of the RFC1006 protocol is not the full implementation specified in the public RFC1006 protocol specification.
Xcelgo has focused on creating a simple and reliable communication protocol and the implementation has primarily been developed in order to meet the Siemens SIMATIC PLC requirements.
The RFC1006 protocol is designated ISOonTCP in a Siemens PLC. Note that the protocol specified in this manual is implemented in full by Siemens PLC network card, i.e. no user program necessary to implement this protocol.
- Name – Customizable name
- Id – Customizable Id
- MVT – Select the MVT (Message Validation Template) being used for this protocol
- Port – Port used for communication between Experior and “Device”
- IP Address – Type in IP address (only available if Mode = Client)
- Mode – Select “Server” or “Client”
- Auto Connect – Activate or Deactivate whether Experior should try to automatically connect to the “Device”
- Remote TSAP – Address of Remote TSAP (Transport Service Access Point)
- Local TSAP – Address of Local TSAP (Transport Service Access Point)
- Connection Id – Connection Id used
- Max TPDU Size – TPDU (Transport Protocol Data Units) maximum size
- Max TPDU Bytes – TPDU (Transport Protocol Data Units) maximum bytes used
- Send Connection Request – Activate or Deactivate whether or not a connection request is to be sent
- Sign Of Life – Activate or Deactivate whether or not Sign Of Life signal is to be used
- Sign Of Life Interval – Set the time interval between Sign Of Life requests (only Available if Sign Of Life = True)
- Sign Of Life Timeout – Set the timeout value (only Available if Sign Of Life = True)